A cart, before the horse, is useless, wasteful, and dangerous. Hindsight is 20-20. Hindsight, however, is useful to plan the future. Pray for democracy. Pray for Japan. Help democracy. Help Japan.
Japan’s tragic nuclear experience demonstrates the dangers of an expanding global nuclear power legacy being passed to unborn generations following us. If not Japan, similar disasters, in another dozen nations, are possible. The world nuclear legacy is now Japan’s worst nightmare. Pray for democracy. Pray for Japan. Help democracy. Help Japan.
Dismantling a nuclear power generating plant is a 10 plus year project fraught with expense, danger, and technological challenge. There is no “on-off” radiation-shutdown “switch” at a nuclear power generating plant.
Nuclear power energy generation may be a reach too far beyond human technological competence. Perhaps nuclear power generation is too technologically misunderstood and unsafe? Is it too unsafe for planetary ecological systems? Is it a present danger with far reaching global ecology consequences? A cart, before the horse, is useless, wasteful, and dangerous.
Nuclear power generation may exist in a vacuum of technology, too great, for adequate control, handling, and safety of fission materials.
- Where are radiation neutralizing force fields, polymers, and plastics?
- Where is space-age medical technology for worldwide radioactive medical emergency?
- Where are cures for human body radioactive damage? Where is the magic pill, inoculation, or detoxification chamber?
- Where are space-age-radiation-shielding light plastics and materials?
- Where are remote location control instrument board backup systems?
- Where are sophisticated robots capable of intricate work in highly radioactive contaminated environments?
- Where are space elevators to “send back to the sun” spent or damaged radioactive materials?
- Where are advanced radiation absorbing coolants and cooling chambers?
- Where is the “transport beam” to “beam” melted nuclear cores into space and out of danger?
- Where are social, public safety, and political systems capable of safely evacuating large populations from areas of radioactive contamination?
- Where are government, security, business, and economic management systems reliable, unbiased, and dependable enough to be trusted with public safety stewardship of nuclear technology and fission materials?
- Where are business systems that scientifically isolate safety from financial interests?
A cart before the horse, is useless, wasteful, and dangerous.
Nuclear energy is a “fire” not easily extinguished without advanced technical safety precautions. Unlike the fire, in the caves of our ancestors, nuclear “fire” burns “forever”, fiercely resists extinguishing, and is unshielded by simple cloth or animal-skin coverings. Playing with nuclear “fire” is a quantum leap more dangerous than playing with simple combustion fire. Nuclear “fire” adds new meaning and danger to the concept of “fire” control and management. Nuclear “fire” requires a “fire department” and safety techniques quantum leaps ahead of current medical and technological knowledge. A cart, before the horse, is useless, wasteful, and dangerous.
Is a nuclear energy legacy something worth leaving future human generations, or is nuclear energy an unsafe and bankrupt technology? The future surely holds the answer and should be approached cautiously. Maybe it is time for humans to “get over” their global nuclear “power fetish” and concentrate on more productive and safe forms of energy generation.
Nuclear safety technology is not keeping pace with the dangers of expanding nuclear power generation systems. How pathetic is a helicopter dropping water on a nuclear plant to contain cooling systems? A cart, before the horse, is useless, wasteful, and dangerous.
Bad service requires more waiters. Fires everywhere requires more fighters. Crime requires more police. Elected oligarchy requires more congresspersons. Elected monarchy requires more presidents. America lacks governance? Keep the congress and add 11k more. Keep the president and add 8 more. Democracy disperses power. Autocracy consolidates power. Step it up, America. Be proactive. Check out plan-b.
Citizen is coach to team democracy. Coach is responsible for success. It’s your call, coach.
Seeking presidential candidate (for one of 9 elected executive branch presidents) 2016
Twitter/search: @_marp http://twitter.com/#!/_MARP http://twitter.com/#!/_MARP/status/36033853319548928
Nuclear Power Today http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf01.html
Nuclear Power in the USA http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf41.html
AZ Palo Verde NGS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palo_Verde_Nuclear_Generating_Station