Powerholics Anonymous P.A. program of recovery:
- We admitted we were powerless over government— that government had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to others the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to powerholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Powerholics Anonymous P.A. twelve traditions. (Long Form)
- —Each member of Powerholics Anonymous is but a small part of a great whole. P.A. must continue to live or most of us will surely die. Hence our common welfare comes first. But individual welfare follows close afterward.
- —For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority—a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience.
- —Our membership ought to include all who suffer from powerholicism. Hence we may refuse none who wish to recover. Nor ought P.A. membership ever depend upon money or conformity. Any two or three powerholics gathered together for sobriety may call themselves a P.A group, provided that, as a group, they have no other affiliation.
- —With respect to its own affairs, each P.A. group should be responsible to no other authority than its own conscience. But when its plans concern the welfare of neighboring groups also, those groups ought to be consulted. And no group, regional committee, or individual should ever take any action that might greatly affect P.A. as a whole without conferring with the trustees of the General Service Board. On such issues our common welfare is paramount.
- —Each Powerholic Anonymous group ought to be a spiritual entity having but one primary purpose—that of carrying its message to the powerholic who still suffers.
- —Problems of money, property, and authority may easily divert us from our primary spiritual aim. We think, therefore, that any considerable property of genuine use to P.A. should be separately incorporated and managed, thus dividing the material from the spiritual. A P.A. group, as such, should never go into business. Secondary aids to P.A., such as clubs or hospitals which require much property or administration, ought to be incorporated and so set apart that, if necessary, they can be freely discarded by the groups. Hence such facilities ought not to use the P.A. name. Their management should be the sole responsibility of those people who financially support them. For clubs, P.A. managers are usually preferred. But hospitals, as well as other places of recuperation, ought to be well outside P. A.—and medically supervised. While a P.A. group may cooperate with anyone, such cooperation ought never go so far as affiliation or endorsement, actual or implied. A P.A. group can bind itself to no one.
- —The P.A. groups themselves ought to be fully supported by the voluntary contributions of their own members. We think that each group should soon achieve this ideal; that any public solicitation of funds using the name of P.A. is highly dangerous, whether by groups, clubs, hospitals, or other outside agencies; that acceptance of large gifts from any source, or of contributions carrying any obligation whatever, is unwise. Then too, we view with much concern those P.A. treasuries which continue, beyond prudent reserves, to accumulate funds for no stated P.A. purpose. Experience has often warned us that nothing can so surely destroy our spiritual heritage as futile disputes over property, money, and authority.
- —Powerholics Anonymous should remain forever non-professional. We define professionalism as the occupation of counseling powerholics for fees or hire. But we may employ powerholics where they are going to perform those services for which we might otherwise have to engage nonpowerholics. Such special services may be well recompensed. But our usual P.A. “12 Step” work is never to be paid for.
- —Each P.A. group needs the least possible organization. Rotating leadership is best. The small group may elect its secretary, the large group its rotating committee, and the groups of a large metropolitan area their central or intergroup committee, which often employs a full-time secretary. The trustees of the General Service Board are, in effect, our P.A. General Service Committee. They are the custodians of our P.A. Tradition and the receivers of voluntary P.A. contributions by which we maintain our P.A. General Service Office at New York. They are authorized by the groups to handle our over-all public relations and they guarantee the integrity of our principal newspaper, the P.A. Grapevine. All such representatives are to be guided in the spirit of service, for true leaders in P.A. are but trusted and experienced servants of the whole. They derive no real authority from their titles; they do not govern. Universal respect is the key to their usefulness.
- —No P.A. group or member should ever, in such a way as to implicate P.A., express any opinion on outside controversial issues—particularly those of politics, powerholic reform, or sectarian religion. The powerholics Anonymous groups oppose no one. Concerning such matters they can express no views whatever.
- —Our relations with the general public should be characterized by personal anonymity. We think P.A. ought to avoid sensational advertising. Our names and pictures as P.A. members ought not be broadcast, filmed, or publicly printed. Our public relations should be guided by the principle of attraction rather than promotion. There is never need to praise ourselves. We feel it better to let our friends recommend us.
- —And finally, we of P.A. believe that the principle of anonymity has an immense spiritual significance. It reminds us that we are to place principles before personalities; that we are actually to practice a genuine humility. This to the end that our great blessings may never spoil us; that we shall forever live in thankful contemplation of Him who presides over us all.
It’s common sense. When service in a restaurant suffers, more waiters are needed. It’s common sense. When fire breaks out everywhere, more fire fighters are needed. It’s common sense. When crime becomes rampant, more police are needed. It’s common sense. Building a house requires enough carpenters or waiting a lifetime for results. #c535+1 didn’t build Hoover dam. #c535+1 didn’t build the interstate highway. Middle America did. It’s common sense. When democracy morphs to elected oligarchy and America lacks governance, send help to the few surviving democratic representatives. More representatives are required. More presidents are required. Apportion definition: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apportion?s=t Apportionment definition: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apportionment?s=t Apportionment politics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apportionment_%28politics%29 Apportionment history of failure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_the_first Apportionment Math: http://middleamericareformparty.blogspot.com/2012/11/mart-apportionment-math.html Keep the #c535+1. Send 6800 more. #c535+1 is elected autocrat-centered oligarchy. #c7329 is citizen-centered democracy. The MART citizen-chamber does the right thing. The MART autocrat-chamber gets it done. Third millennium citizen-democracy is unstoppable. Resistance or delay is truly tragic. Got science? NASA simulates Mars. The MART #c7329 team simulates democracy. Born red/blue? Don’t die red/blue. http://wp.me/p1fQnO-dL Your congress is so bad: http://middleamericareformparty.blogspot.com/2012/09/yourcongressissobad.html Article the First failed apportionment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_the_first Iron Law of Oligarchy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_law_of_oligarchy MART defined: http://wp.me/p1fQnO-dL Full Disclosure: http://wp.me/p1fQnO-o Plan B: http://wp.me/p1fQnO-g Communication: http://wp.me/p1fQnO-eC Transparent Budget Writing and Presentation: http://middleamericareformparty.blogspot.com/2012/02/transparent-budget-writing-and.html Capitalism: http://wp.me/p1fQnO-dX Abolish the fed. http://jrclifford.com/Jekyll.html Start: #c7329 wp.me/s1fQnO-start @_marp @coach1640280
Twitter: @_MARP http://twitter.com/#!/_MARP @coach1640280 https://twitter.com/coach1640280 Audience: #c7329 #ows #occupy @OccupyTogether
Wanted: Presidential candidates (for one of 9 elected MART executive branch presidents) 2016 http://wp.me/p1fQnO-dL
May the #c7329 force be with you.