Why is congress so low in opinion polls? Why do so few people vote? Why is congress predominately white male?
- Congress is too professional.
- Congress is too pretty, neat, and groomed.
- Congress is too complex.
- Congress is too connected.
- Congress is too moneyed.
- Congress is too busy.
- Congress is too far away.
- Congress is too out of touch.
- Congress is too indifferent.
- Congress is too formal.
- Congress is too slick.
- Congress is too educated.
- Congress is too powerful.
- Congress is too threatening.
- Congress is too hard to talk to.
- Congress is too secretive.
- Congress is too lawyered up.
- Congress is too elected!
These 18 reasons are why congress is so boring, opinion polls so low, and voting turnout so sluggish. (elitism)
Some of these qualities are good, some are bad, some are true, and some are false. All these qualities are distancing. All these qualities get in the way of citizen identification, interest, and participation.
A sortitioned chamber is a branch of government scientifically, mathematically, and randomly chosen from the citizenry. A sortitioned chamber is instant “reality show” popular and fascinating. Sortitioned chamber members are “real” in every “real” way. Sortitioned chamber member’s approval ratings will always naturally surpass elected chamber’s approval ratings.
This is because:
- There is no gender, ethnic, economic, religious, or political bias.
- There is no “experience”, “education”, “intelligence”, “beauty”, or “charisma” bias.
- There is something, somewhere, for everyone to identify.
- There is no elitism.
A sortitioned chamber receives letters the current congress can’t even dream exist. This is because the 18 distancing qualities (above) of congress do not apply to a sortitioned chamber. Every facet, cranny, and crevice of the citizenry is represented.
A sortitioned chamber is real grass roots, empowered, excited, represented, scientific, and mathematically guaranteed.
I’m an activist because my congress is like me!
I vote because my congress is like me!
Bad service requires more waiters. Fires everywhere requires more fighters. Crime requires more police. Elected oligarchy requires more congresspersons. Elected monarchy requires more presidents. America lacks governance? Keep the congress and add 11k more. Keep the president and add 8 more. Democracy disperses power. Autocracy consolidates power. Step it up, America. Be proactive. Check out plan-b.
Citizen is coach to team democracy. Coach is responsible for success. It’s your call, coach.
Seeking presidential candidate (for one of 9 elected executive branch presidents) 2016